ZW3D delivers an easy-to-use Ribbon interface and workflow, flexible–efficient 3D design capabilities, and a productive assembly performance. With well-defined sketches, detail parts and assemblies to 2D drawing, ZW3D takes designers from concept design all the way to finished products. Not only can you access quality tools to create smooth surface models and sheet metal parts, but you can also deal with point data or STL data with built-in reverse engineering. ZW3D gives you productive design with ease.
Smart & Friendly Sketch
Most product design begins with two-dimensional sketches, which can drive feature geometry. All the tools to draw well-defined sketches are available. Additionally to conventional tools, you have various other useful tools to speed up sketch drawing.
- Ready-sketch provides many different geometry symbols, helping designers save drawing time.
- Trace profile delivers a very flexible method to deal with interconnecting sketch geometry, without using the trim operation.
- Smart dimension & smart constraint help designers quickly generate a well-defined sketch.
- Sketch doctor helps designers to inquire about connectivity, analyze and solve constraints.
Flexible & Efficient 3D Modeling
ZW3D is different to traditional 3D CAD software tools as it offers an unique product design experience, based on Solid & Surface Feature Hybrid Modeling technology. Combined with parametric modeling and Direct Edit, you can enjoy more efficient design.
- Based on ZW3D’s unique OverdriveTM kernel, Solid-Surface Hybrid Modeling allows Boolean operations between solid geometry and surface geometry, which makes design more flexible as solids are not required.
- Parametric modeling gives designers full control to easily edit feature geometry.
- Direct Edit modeling offers more flexible tools to modify geometry quickly on native or imported models without history regeneration.
- Provides flexible surface modeling tools to create smoothproduct models.
- Many powerful modeling tools deliver more design possibilities, and give designers a constant stream of innovation, such as: Morph , Wrap , and Emboss .
Productive Assembly Design
Easy-to-use assembly capabilities help designers manage assembly and check large assembly design in order to accelerate design process and improve productivity.
- Easily deal with large assemblies, including Top-Down design and Bottom-Up design.
- Interference check and dynamic section tools provide clear, visualized interference results to help designers identify errors early.
- With animation tools, designers can demonstrate the design’s basic operation as they would with a real life product. This can be saved as a *.AVI video.
2D Sheet is directly linked with a 3D model, so updates to the 3D model can be automatically reflected in the 2D sheet. This saves design time and reduces human errors.
- Automatically create2D associative viewswith projection, sectioning and detailing.
- Dimensions and Annotations include ANSI, ISO, DIN, JIS and GB standard, as well as support for custom.
- Generate the Bill of Material, Hole & Electrode tables with auto-ballooning.
- Easy to customize the Symbol, Hatch pattern and 2D sheet templates.
• Sheet Metal
Easy to create many different sheet metal features, such as: flange, lofted flange, dimple, and louver. It is also possible to fold or unfold solids or open geometry in ZW3D using the Solid & Surface Hybrid Modeling technology more tutorial.
• Reverse Engineering
With built-in reverse engineering, designers can use STL, points, and scan data to build surface or 3D models, as well as prepare models for CNC machining by refining meshes, building surfaces and repairing gaps. This could then be linked with a 3D printer to create a real model.