ZW3D CAM is comprehensive, intuitive software for programming CNC machines, offering 2-5 axis milling, turning, high-speed machining and drill strategies. Powered by the unique QuickMillTM technology, with automatic feature/region identification and a flexible tool path editor, engineers can generate highly reliable and easy-to-program tool-paths efficiently; bringing you unmatched productivity and reliability.
Easy to Learn and Use
A clear workflow with an intuitive UI enables you to start working quickly. Whether you are an experienced engineer or a complete novice, ZW3D CAM can be mastered with a short learning curve, while ease of use is reflected in the daily work, to improve efficiency.
Many different drill operations, such as Drilling, Boring, Pecking, Reaming and Tapping, as well as smart 2-5 axis hole tactics, help programmers to deal with any hole-making work.
- Hole geometry includes arcs, circles and cylinders. Both 3D models and 2D wireframes can be identified.
- The 2-5 axis hole tactic is able to automatically identify features of all holes on work pieces including size, depth and types, before generating reasonable tool-paths. This helps save programming time by up to 70% and significantly reduces errors.
Turning provides outside and inside Roughing, Finishing, Grooving, Threading, Facing and Drilling to deal with most types of turned parts.
- Wireframes, surfaces and solid features can all be recognized.
- Easy-to-use and powerful capability for turning programming.
Productive 2X Milling
ZW3D delivers the necessary tools for easy control over all aspect of 2D milling, including Spiral, Zigzag, Box, Contour, Profile, Chamfer, Helical as well as Top-face cutting.
- 2X Milling tool-paths can be generated on 2D geometry, surfaces or features easily and flexibly.
- 2X milling tactic can automatically identify the machining area and select proper tools and operations. Roughing and top face finishing can be done quickly in one step.
Efficient and Intelligent 3X Milling
A variety of 3X milling operations deliver efficient roughing, smoothing finishing and productive high speed machining to deal with all kinds of work easily.
- Multiple surfaces, solid models and STL geometry can all be directly machined.
- The unique QuickMillTM technology generates a smooth roughing tool path with uniform cutting loads and adjusts the feed rates automatically to lengthen tool life by 50%.
- With the Reference Tool or Reference Operation function, ZW3D can identify previously-machined areas automatically and create tool paths correspondingly.
- Highly smoothed tool-paths are easily achieved with QuickMillTM technology, which will cater for the high speed machining requests on cutter patterns and
Higher-value 5X Milling
The 5X milling module provides a complete solution for multi-axis machining. Multiple sides of a work piece can be machined in one set-up to achieve highly accurate cutting with reduced machining time.
- Easily convert 3 axis tool paths into 5 axis tool paths.
- Automatically interpolate the cutter vectors with Flow-cut strategy.
- Intelligently generate the link movement between two 5 axis operations.
Flexible Tool-path Editor
Tool-path editor tools enable users to easily and intuitively edit the entire or partial tool-path, greatly saving programming time without tedious adjustments of parameter settings and continuous re-calculation of tool paths.
- Easily trim the partial tool-paths with window pick, chain select and polygon select.
- Freely change the sequence and direction of the tool-paths with the reorder functions.
- Quickly change lead in and lead out types of partial tool-paths in terms of manufacturing requests with the re-link tools.
Knowing the actual machining results is very important for programmers. ZW3D provides lots of options to ensure feasible and reliable machining, which gives you more confidence when machining.
- The solid verify tool simulates the actual machining process and analyses the excess materials, leading to more reliable and more efficient machining.
- The analysis function helps programmers to detect collisions and gouges between tools and stock, table, clamps etc.
- The accurate calculation of the minimum tool hang length ensures the safety of your machining.
ZW3D Post provides advanced post-processing capabilities for converting cutter location data (APT-CL) into machine specific code (GM code) required by CNC machines. ZW3D Post is integrated into all ZW3D machining bundles.
- Supports all classes of 3-5 axis milling machines
- CL file conversion
- State-of-the-art technology using Windows GUI
- Easy-to-use macro language